Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lap Band Update

Looking back at my blog, one of the things that I had on my "list" was LOSE WEIGHT 

I did have my lap band surgery on November 17th.  It went very well and I am pleased with the results. 

I have lost 40 pounds as of today.  Seven weeks since the surgery and two weeks of very restricted diet before.  That is almost 4 and a half pounds a week.  During Christmas and Thanksgiving.  SWEET!

Nope, I am not posting any fab before and after pics 'cause we are definately not "after." 

Maybe just sort of barely started, actually. 

Lap Band was a big decision for me.  I really felt for years that with God's help I could lose the weight.  But as my diabetes got worse and I felt more and more tired, I finally realized that maybe God was telling me that Lap Band was the help that I was looking for.

It hasn't been easy, but it has changed my relationship with food.  Eating is just something I do now {at least most of the time} and not entertainment or comfort.  I hope that with God's help I can completely change the destructive relationship that I had with food into a simple "Eating to Live" attitude.

1 comment: