Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Official First Day of the Rest of My Life

Today, I officially became a non-business-owning, stay-at-home, homeschooling mom.  Monday and Tuesday didn't count 'cause school hadn't started yet and my hubs was at home and he distracted me.  Today I am focused.  Today I am ready to take on the rest of my life.......... Today I am tired!

My younger son, who is still at home, started High School at Ohio Virtual Academy today.  Wow!  I'm glad that I don't have to do it.  There is going to be a lot of work there.  My daughter started 5th grade at OHVA but it is a piece of cake because we have done it for two years already.  I had big plans.  Get up early, post my list for the day, take on the world... you know, the kind of stuff I plan to do every day.....but my plans went awry.  A little too much chaos and a few too many computer glitches.

But anywhoo, here we go. 

My Top 5 Plans for My Life
Or at least for the next few months

*1*  Get Homeschool Organized
and how do I plan to do this you might ask.  I purchased the Old Schoolhouse Planner and I was hoping to spend a lot of time today checking it out and printing out some important organizing pages, setting up a nice note book, you know, that kind of stuff.  Well, not so much.  But I did download it.

*2*  Organize Christmas
that is going to take a whole blog of its own.  Check out Frugal Holidays.  As soon as I get to it, that is.

*3*  "Spring" Clean My House
every mom knows that back to school time is the real time to make resolutions and get your act together.  I think that I will have to get back to basics and get my Flylady lists out again.

*4* Deepen My Walk with God
God and I go waaay back.  I have been a Christian my entire life.  But I have never spent the amount of time in the Word or in prayer that I like.  I am only a few days behind in my Bible in a year Chronological Daily Readings but prayer time is always hit or miss.  I talk to God during my daily craziness but I want to spend some real time Praising Him and letting Him know how important our relationship is to me.

*5* Lose Weight
three words Lap Band Surgery.  I should be scheduling my surgery in October.  Hopefully.....maybe....I'm a little scared....but something has to change.

Whaddya think?  Lofty goals?  Too much. 

Maybe, but a goal with out a plan is just a wish.

So, now I am gonna go make a list for tomorrow .... and go to bed early ... and get up on time... and do SOMETHING.

1 comment: