Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why Do Holidays Have to Cost So Much?

Every holiday has its own regrets and buyer's remorse.  Even little tiny holidays like Groundhog day seem to cost me more than I plan. 

Christmas always costs more! 

Poor planning, paying full price, and the ever present, "Oh, what the heck!  Christmas only comes once a year!" always take a toll on my budget.  Then, all too soon, the celebration is over.  All that is left is the clean up and the accounting.
 
This is the year when I will plan a plan, spend the time, do the shopping and get my act together.
 
Every month has its own special challenge.  Two January birthdays make for an expensive beginning of the year. 
This year my baby daughter will be eleven.  Practically a teenager.  That calls for a special, albeit frugal, celebration. Sixteen is the milestone for my middle kid.  He will get his driver's license this year.  Somehow we have to mark that historic occasion.  My oldest will be 23 in March.  A grown man, but he wants his celebration to be memorable too. (Or maybe his mommy does?) 

Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, the 4th of July.  The list goes on and on. 

My goal for 2011 is to get my act together, gather my resources and make every holiday special, memorable and especially FRUGAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment