Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Palm Trees and Some Sort of Greenery

Next step.... Palm Trees. 

Now these are just the background palm trees, mind you, but I thought that they turned out pretty cool.   I checked out my Donna Dewberry books before I started to give myself a refresher in palm tree painting.  Just like I thought I remembered!


Stems?  Trunks?  Whatever you call the bottom of palm trees.



Now we have some leaves or branches or maybe they are palm fronds?  Whatever!  The green things at the top.



The trees on the other side.  See how they are nicely covering up the funky shrubs.


 Some little palm trees back there on that hill in front of the volcano.


Some sort of foliage growing around the waterfall.


Next we will get to the 3-D stuff. 

I promise. 

Can't wait to show you the waterfall!  I wish I had taken some pics of the thing in progress.  If anyone wants to know how I did it, it will really prove the point about a picture being worth a thousand words.

1 comment: