Fall always means outdoor stuff at our house. The weather is cooler and we don't have to suffer all of that Ohio humidity. Camping always happens. We drag out some horses and I spend a couple days slaving over a hot fire cooking for a whole crew of ungrateful whelps.
Fun time, fun times.
The kids and I sat down and made a list of all the things we want to do and all the places we want to go this fall. Some strange things made it onto the list, but hey, it is all about making sure that we purposely make time do do the things that are important to everyone.
Fall Bucket List
- Go to the Buckeye Furnace Fall Fest and camp after we spend all day making and selling Hobo Pies to raise money for the Friends of Buckeye Furnace.
- Weber Farms Field Trip with the Homeschool Co-op.
- Spend the day at the Renaisance Festival (in costume of course). Have a smoked turkey leg for lunch.
- Drink hot spiced apple cider.
- Make jack-o-lanterns.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Eat caramel apples.
- Make new costumes (for the Ren Fest).
- Make pumpkin bread.
- Decorate the porch for fall with mums and pumpkins.
- Scary Movie Night ( at our house that means an old 1950's black and white thriller).
- Canal Boat ride in Coshocton
- Farmer's Market for fall flowers and pumpkins.
- Make new safety swords.
- Make a new fall wreath.
- Deep fry a turkey.
- Make or buy pumpkin spice lattes.
- Visit the Ohio History Center (maybe for a Halloween event)
- Celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day on September 26th.
- Have a weinie roast and make s'mores.
- Fall Photo Shoot with Hannah.
Looks like we will have a busy fall!